Northeast Houston Community Center exists to bring hope to the people of Houston’s Fifth Ward. For some, hope comes as they receive a box of food and clothes. For others, however, hope comes when they hear the message of hope that we share with every client we meet. Every week we have opportunities to provide hope to people who need it desperately, and we can only do that because of our partnerships with people like you!
Our partner agencies across Houston and around the United States help us with the materials we need to provide hope. Some of our partners support us financially, and others partner with us to provide materials that we can distribute. We are thrilled that you are interested in joining us to help provide this hope! If you would like to know more about how your organization can help, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can contact you to discuss the next steps. As a reminder, Northeast Houston Community Center is a 501c3 non-profit organization that exists for the sake of humanitarian aid to Houston’s Fifth Ward. Your dollars directly support the work we are doing and to those who need it most.
Did you know that some extra items from the grocery store or your gently used clothing could provide hope to people in Houston’s Fifth Ward? We are constantly looking for folks to join us by donating items that we can use to help feed and clothe our clients. You can drop off those items Mondays from 10 am to noon at NEHCC, or you can drop them in the donation bins at our partner church, Northeast Houston Baptist Church, at 18000 W. Lake Houston Pkwy in Humble, TX 77346. Join us as we share hope with those who need it most! As a reminder, Northeast Houston Community Center is a 501c3 non-profit organization that exists for the sake of humanitarian aid to Houston’s Fifth Ward.
Special Needs (Food Pantry):
- Large Print Bibles, new or gently used
- Cardboard boxes, roughly the size of a banana box or copy paper box for food distribution
- Small toys (i.e. from Happy Meals) to give to clients children on Monday evenings
- Fisher Price/Little Tykes toys to stay at Farrington Mission for the children to play with while on campus
- Larger size plastic grocery bags are needed for sorting items in the Food Pantry and Clothing Closet
- Over-the-counter reading glasses (magnification, NOT prescription) to keep on hand for Farrington clients (Style: Unisex; Strength: 1.50, 1.75, 2.00, 2.25, 2.50)
Special Needs (Clothing Closet):
- New Underwear and Socks – Girls, Boys, Men’s, Women’s (Men’s tee shirts and underwear especially needed
- The Clothing Closet greatly needs men’s clothing including suits, shirts, underwear, and especially pants, jeans, and shoes.
- Please only donate clothing items that are clean and in good condition
- Please do not place clothing/shoes in bags any larger than a 13 gallon kitchen garbage bag. Larger bags are too heavy to lift.